MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Naming help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I am developing a website that attempts to connect my university's community with the local bars, clubs (venues), and events, as well as creating a network where people from the university can arrange to go out together.

We want to bring people closer together, inspire social interaction, get people to go out more often, meet new people and merge social groups of friends to form bigger and closer groups.

We also show students trends, what's hot and cold in the city, what places have been rising and falling in popularity, where they should go to see people and where not to go because it would probably be empty.

The problem is while we have all the features and development of the website figured out, we still don't have a name for it yet. The name has to be powerful. It has to evoke the fact we're bringing social circles closer together, maybe overlapping them, we're sparking parties and partying. I was hoping the community here could help me out with that. Any ideas? I'll pay the person a fee of $20 for finding a good domain name for me. The name can be a .ca because we're local and Canadian, but I'd prefer a .com

If I take your name I'm ready to negotiate for it. Come on, smart people of MYBB community brainsotrm with me Big Grin

Go out. Grab a beer.
You should ask people to send suggestions via private message rather than post them here. Someone might steal the idea and quickly register the domain. Just saying. Toungue

I might give this a go later.
pm sent with a simple domain name (available) Smile
Yeah, please PM your ideas.
If it helps, we are based in Montreal, exclusive to the student body of McGill University and the school's mascot is a Red Martlet (a kind of bird)
The name should be about being around people and such. I don't usually look upon startup social networks in a positive light as they usually don't last very long with huge established rivals like Facebook, Twitter, and soon Google+, but I'll give it a shot and PM you a couple names.
Great thanks.