MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Redirects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This idea sorta came to me when I was using Wikipedia. You go to an article, and the code "#REDIRECT ...." redirects you to another article.

I suggest that we have something like that in MyBB, but instead of redirecting to another thread, having it redirect to another url. I know you can redirect a forum to a url, but it would be good having a thread function so users can do it themselves.
I always thought MyBB was meant to be a discussion board, not a link portal...but that's an interesting idea anyhow. People could link to "bad sites" if you know what I mean >.>
Yes it is a discussion board, but people turn discussion boards into many different things. I have a section of my forum where people list websites that are worth visiting which would benefit from this, and I have seen forums that have a "links" section with loads of subforum redirects. If the thread redirect was an option, those subforums need not be there.