MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to keep the quality of icons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

So I'm attempting to edit the colors of the MyBB default theme for my forum, but when I changed the lighter colors to something darker my images turn out really crappy.

[Image: GkE9r.jpg]

Those are the on.gif, off.gif, and offlock.gif images.

So I'm just wondering, is there any easy way to keep the quality of these images when I change my forum color to something darker? That white pixelated border around the icons isn't exactly pleasing.

Thanks in advance,

Fruit Juice
Just fill them with dark in photoshop.
Much better way is to do custom on, off and offlock icons and select dark matte in "save for web" option.
Just download a new mybb theme?
(2011-07-06, 08:29 AM)Bapun Raz Wrote: [ -> ]download other icons from google and change them....that's all

That's what I was trying to refrain from doing. I wanted to keep the default icons. Anyways, I'd have to change about 30 icons because it does it with the smilies and the post icons as well.

(2011-07-06, 08:55 AM)ToJ Wrote: [ -> ]Just download a new mybb theme?

It does it with all MyBB themes. And anyways, I want to sort of create my own by editing the default. I wasn't looking to install a new theme.