MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Junk Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

My forum : www.freestudychannel.com

Google displays lot of results for my site with all junk pages like... http://freestudychannel.com/unlockiphone4&page=7 and if you scroll down to the bottom.. you can see all junk words and some pictures related to the topic. You can type anything and it displays the words and images related to the topic... example: www.freestudychannel.c/topic [replace anything with topic keyword]

btw Version below:

MyBB Version 1.6.2
PHP Version 5.2.17
SQL Engine MySQL 5.1.52
That's weird, never seen something like this. Are you using a plugin or a script of some kind? And what exactly would you like us to do?
I am not using any plugins or scripts. I have installed mybb 1.6.2 as it is. Never done any changes on it. I just want to prevent these junk pages on my forum.
The only thing I can think of you doing is configuring your robot.txt to prevent all spiders from crawling on those pages. It's weird that google is reading your pages like that.
Does the same thing happen on another theme?
Now changed the theme to default and tested it. Yes, it happens but it shows the junk page with old theme... Sad
These pages don't show new threads so it's not generated by MyBB.
You must have some kind of plugin or script installed that is doing this. Maybe new or modified files in your MyBB installation?
If it is not generated by Mybb, then what else? Are you saying it is a feature ?

(2011-07-06, 12:30 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]These pages don't show new threads so it's not generated by MyBB.

(2011-07-06, 01:18 PM)avi1979 Wrote: [ -> ]If it is not generated by Mybb, then what else?
Please check there is nothing on your webspace except MyBB. And please remove the file .htaccess if it exists.
Pages: 1 2