MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should I get it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Linksys died yesterday. Should I get this or no? It's about the only one I can afford right now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NETGEAR+-+N1...cp=1&lp=12
I have a netgear that I have no issues with right now. Regarding that model newegg has some conflicting reviews. Seems like some don't always work the best but overall it's good for the price.
(2011-07-06, 01:29 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I have a netgear that I have no issues with right now. Regarding that model newegg has some conflicting reviews. Seems like some don't always work the best but overall it's good for the price.

Just added a marque to yer scroll for that one Big Grin

Thanks. I think I'm going to pick it up today. If it doesn't work I'll get another, it seems like it's a good router with some lemons in distribution.
Edit: Lol! Click specifications and look at the os requirement.
One thing about Netgear is they often don't like to play nicely with iPhones/iPads/iPod touches Smile
(2011-07-06, 07:37 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]One thing about Netgear is they often don't like to play nicely with iPhones/iPads/iPod touches Smile

Maybe the i* doesn't play nicely with netgear... Big Grin
Screw all your netgear junk. Get a AirPort Extreme. Btw netgear sucks.

http://www.amazon.com/E2500-Advanced-Sim...237&sr=8-4

Dual band N.
Oh no, our family has 4 iThings.

And that looks WAY too expensive.
I have a netgear router and it's fine, no problems with iPod/iPhones and doesn't cope too badly with my bad connection.
I had a lot of trouble finding a good router but recently I bought an Asus RT-N16 and installed DD-WRT on it (you can install it straight from the Asus UI) and holy mackerel is it a beast.

It was pretty expensive but it has a 500mhz processor or something in it and it never drops out, plus with DD-WRT it can do just about anything.

If you look at those comparisons on cnet you will see it is one of the most powerful routers in terms of wifi performance too.

I know it's probably a bit out of your budget but maybe see if someone else in the family is willing to pitch in, because it will last a lot longer too (I have had to replace my router like once a year but I think this one will last a while).
Pages: 1 2