MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some threads going invisible....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

http://www.worldofdth.com
i am facing a very different issue....

members are complaining that some of threads are going invisible,

like one thread is posted by a user from forum, he told me that he was getting that thread by searching on google but when he clicks that thread it shows error message like this:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
    You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
    Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
    You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'Deep' 

and strange thing is that when i (admin) clicks that link itshows same error to me also.....
the search link is: http://www.google.com/search?client=oper...8&oe=utf-8

you will see the result on number one, but when you click that you got error that its not accessible by you.....why....?

please help me to get those invisible threads....
Will someone reply to my problem........
Please someone help me to get this problem solved.........

nobody knows why that thread not accessible...?
This is showing as guest permissions in the Admin CP is set not to be able to view forum, you have to be logged into your site to view them.

You need to decide on whether you want guest to view all of your forum or not, you can adjust all various group permissions in the Admin CP>>Users & Groups section

((I see most of your forum can be viewed by guest, is this thread in the google search still on your forum? If it is still there you may need to check the permissions of the forum that this thread is in))
(2011-07-07, 05:20 PM)mike537 Wrote: [ -> ]This is showing as guest permissions in the Admin CP is set not to be able to view forum, you have to be logged into your site to view them.

You need to decide on whether you want guest to view all of your forum or not, you can adjust all various group permissions in the Admin CP>>Users & Groups section

Note that, he can't view those topics even if he is logged in as admin.

May i know what are the plugins you use?
Or maybe the thread has been deleted after google archived it Huh
the thread is posted by member and its not deleted, i have various plugins installed which one to tell you....i can't access that thread as admin too.....don't know why its unaccessable...