MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Bans Co.CC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hey guys, I'm not sure if somebody already made a topic about this but anyway;

Google has de-indexed and has stopped all google traffic to sites running the domain co.cc (and possibly other domains like xe.cx)

I also did a search in google "co.cc" and it seems the domain provider is also blacklisted on google aswell.

I for one am not really bothered about this. I also thought that people using the domain won't be able to use google ads either possibly? but what do you guys think?

Full Article here: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Google-Ba...9414.shtml
Good riddance.
(2011-07-06, 02:13 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Good riddance.

+1

I've never like .co.cc. It was just another free domain that never looked good (I remember when I was first starting out that it was .tk Toungue). Either way it's unprofessional and shows you're not really dedicated to the project.
I believe they also de-indexed xe.cx domains, because I can't find frinklabs.xe.cx anymore with Google, but with Bing.
I thought they were always unprofessional but it did provide people with a free and easy way to get a domain. It's sad how much influence hackers have now.
Fantastic! Big Grin
Well there's still .co.nr and quite a few others..but good I've never liked .co.cc specifically.
I am surrprised co.cc is 0_o stranger I am puzzled it!
Ah good, co.crap is banned.
yup, I see no problem with this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5