MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guest Redirection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I just have one quick question and it's kind of un-heard of... anyway, I have this page: http://advertiseplus.co.cc/misc.php?page=wp-guest#top

And it's made for the guests to see when they first come to my site. I DON"T WANT GUESTS SEEING ANYTHING BUT THAT and the REGISTRATION page. See, I know I can add a redirect code to the "header_guest" section but then it redirects the registration form as well as the page itself. So, that doesn't work. I also tried putting the redirect on the index, but that redirects everybody. Is there anyway I can do this? Thank in advance Big Grin
So... you want guests to only see the registration page and that custom page? If they visit any other page they should be redirected to your custom page?
That is correct.
Guests only though.
Pretty terrible advertising strategy if you ask me. You're not some super popular, well-established forum owner; this is a start up with very few members. What incentive do I have to register? So I can see one of the 50 forum posts that are there?
Fizz, I'm not asking if you like my advertising strategy I'm asking how to get a redirect.
Should they at least be able to see the index page? Or do you want them to be redirected literally in all pages besides the registration page and the custom page?
oh the index page too... Index, registration page, custom page is all
Hey favious thanks for doing this... you said you were going to make a plugin.. how do you make plugins? is it any different than coding the templates?
Anybody gonna help me??
Will anybody help me with this please?