MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there even an area for this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've looked and looked and looked but can't seem to find a "general help" section. I would normally go post them in the 1.6 section but... I'm on a hosted site, so truth be told, I have no idea what version I even have, and if I have 1.4 and not the most recent one, where is it I can go to get help, and find useful plugins?
Hosted solutions aren't modified because you don't have accesss to files or database.
I'm on good terms with my host, I'm sure if I asked nice, she'd upload a few for me. Also, how to I find out from my page what version I'm on? Would make finding support and plugins a lot easier.
if you can enter into admin panel then the system tells the version - OR is it disabled ...
Should be on the front the first Admin CP Page.

And, it doesn't change the fact it won't be supported since it's a modified install.
If your forum is set up in that way then we can't really support you anyway because of how it's set up. You don't have access to anything, and for all we know the problem you're having could be to do with how the forum is set up. 1.4 isn't supported anymore as it's almost a year out of date (1.6 has been out almost a year). To be honest you'd be better off just using a normal host where you have control over things.