MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Datacache and magic_quotes errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was tranferring my forum to another host. I couldn't find any official guide or updated tutorial on how to transfer it so what I did was I copy and pasted the exact forum files from my old host to my new. I uploaded the database backup I took from the old site to the new host. I get this error:
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'TABLENAME.mybb_datacache' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

I then tried a fresh install and I got the same error.

Also, I keep getting this error:
Quote:Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in URL/inc/class_core.php on line 165
Give this page a look and it should help with the datacache issue at least Wink.
Thanks! Did so but now I get this error instead:
Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in (URL)/inc/class_core.php on line 165

MyBB Internal Error
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (42)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

That error I mentioned in the post above was on the fresh install. Here's the error I get on the direct copy and pasted forum:

Quote:The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tlt20769/public_html/reddithl.com/aaa/inc/class_core.php:165) - Line: 1622 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.3.6 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1622 header
/inc/class_session.php 360 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 98 session->load_guest
/global.php 55 session->init
/index.php 18 require_once
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tlt20769/public_html/reddithl.com/aaa/inc/class_core.php:165) - Line: 1622 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.3.6 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 365 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 98 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 106 my_setcookie
Have you edited the /inc/class_core.php file? If so, open it up and make sure there are no whitespaces or blank lines before <?php
(2011-07-07, 06:38 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Have you edited the /inc/class_core.php file? If so, open it up and make sure there are no whitespaces or blank lines before <?php

There's nothing. Line 1 is <?php

(2011-07-07, 06:41 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-86287-p...#pid631508

Thanks!

It looks like the magic_quotes thing solved the problem on the forum that I directly copy and pasted. So everything looks fine now except I think some of the settings in the adminCP are not sync'd with the database. For example, I have my signature character limit set to 1000 in the AdminCP (it was from the old forum, and after I switched hosts it still says 1000 in the AdminCP) but when I actually edit my signature it tells me the limit is 255 (which is the default).
Make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666.
Yup it is.
Save the settings in the ACP again and see if it's okay then, sounds like they're just not in sync.