MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Display Names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi! Smile

I think MyBB 2.0 should have display names as a feature by default.

Admins can enable/disable this feature in Admin CP and allow users to change their display name in User CP per usergroup (maybe per user too).

Users can choose their display name on registration or later in User CP. Users can use the same login and display name, if they want (this can be a on/off setting in Admin CP).

Admins can setup a period of time where users can change their display name (for example every 30 days) and how often (2 times for example).

A 'log' or 'history' of the last 5 or 10 changes (can be a setting in Admin CP) will be shown in profile, so that other users know who the person is (this can be a on/off setting in Admin CP). Admins can also see this in Admin CP in logs.
You mean this Display Names is "Nicknames"? but this is a good idea.
Very good idea!
What's the point of it? Could you give an example please?
(2011-07-07, 02:14 PM)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]What's the point of it? Could you give an example please?

For example, my Username would be Tomm, but everywhere on the forum people will see my Display Name Tomm M. You can change your display name, but not your login name.
I like it the way it is right now, your username is your display name, you should have nothing to hide since you're on a public forum Smile
Besides being a little more secure to login with a username other than your display username, I don't see how else this can be beneficial.
(2011-07-07, 04:12 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Besides being a little more secure to login with a username other than your display username, I don't see how else this can be beneficial.

That's pretty much it...
(2011-07-07, 04:14 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-07, 04:12 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Besides being a little more secure to login with a username other than your display username, I don't see how else this can be beneficial.

That's pretty much it...

It's pretty much a useless feature. It could also be done with a plugin after a bit of work.
I think the plugin has already been made, but I can't seem to find it Sad I know I used it at one time.
Pages: 1 2 3