MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 2.0 - MyBB Can be Done
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it is possible to convert i just converted my IPB 2.0 to mybb by converting IPB to Phpbb then phpbb to mybb, thats the only way it can be done.
We pretty much know this. Smile
Perhaps in the future, a direct conversion from IPB 2.1.x -> MyBB 1.1.x can be written.
As said before, we do have official convertors from IPB, phpBB and vB on the to-do list, but it is not one of our higher priorities. We understand the community needs them, but it is a lot of work that could also be well spent in improving MyBB.
Peter Wrote:As said before, we do have official convertors from IPB, phpBB and vB on the to-do list, but it is not one of our higher priorities. We understand the community needs them, but it is a lot of work that could also be well spent in improving MyBB.

Not able to get some other people to develop convertors while others code mybb? If there were convertors, we all know mybb would become a lot more popular.
Lee69 Wrote:
Peter Wrote:As said before, we do have official convertors from IPB, phpBB and vB on the to-do list, but it is not one of our higher priorities. We understand the community needs them, but it is a lot of work that could also be well spent in improving MyBB.

Not able to get some other people to develop convertors while others code mybb? If there were convertors, we all know mybb would become a lot more popular.

Well we're not preventing anyone from creating their own converters and releasing them. The point that Peter was trying to make is that we (the developers) are busy with some other more important projects with higher priorities in both MyBB and real life.
ok.. So i need to do it that way. I've one of my forums running in IPB 2.0 (http://www.gametalkz.com/) So need a few hours of work Smile
Hemanth Wrote:ok.. So i need to do it that way. I've one of my forums running in IPB 2.0 (http://www.gametalkz.com/) So need a few hours of work Smile

Can I have your IPB license? Cool

Anyway I am also planning to use MyBB on my site Toungue