MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb 2.0 the good stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
okay so these are my suggestions on what should be added to the mybb forums...

i think there should be a virtual money system where you can..
buy the money
win money through getting high scores on games
there should also be a betting system where you bet on recent sports in the world with the coins.

there should also be a VIP section, where if you make someone VIP they get cirtain privillages that other users dont get, such as viewing (special) forums

there should also be a place where you can donate to the people running the forum...if its allowed

i also think there should be a place for social networking and youtube where you can share your pages with others.

this is just my personal wishes

thanks
Plugin, plugin, plugin...

And, well donations are just a template edit of adding a button that paypal will provide.
1. I'm sure MyBB won't be adding a points system.
2. You can already do a VIP section with default MyBB permissions system.
3. Adding a donate link is incredible easy and requires no plugins.
4. I'm doubtful MyBB is going to add social networking interaction as you described.

Just being realistic for you.
(2011-07-07, 06:37 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Plugin, plugin, plugin...

And, well donations are just a template edit of adding a button that paypal will provide.

yes well then they should make these plugins :L, oh yeah i forgot they provide them xD cheers
(2011-07-07, 06:40 PM)NewWorldUpdate Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-07, 06:37 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Plugin, plugin, plugin...

yes well then they should make these plugins :L, oh yeah i forgot they provide them xD cheers

They've already made them into plugins. NewPoints, MyStatus, and Terra Donation Module.
MyBB is a forum software written in PHP...
What you're talking about is way more than just a forum
Your not making sense, considering all those can be accomplished with PHP and HTML (some don't even require plugins)
(2011-07-08, 02:07 AM)newbb Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB is a forum software written in PHP...
What you're talking about is way more than just a forum

All these features should be plugins because not everyone will need them and they will just make the default installation more 'bulky'.
This is more for a plugin... Smile
I know this is kind of old but I honestly think MyBB should talk to Pirata Nervo about adding the NewPonts system as core in 2.0 It is the best points plugin yet and maybe as core wth an on/off option would be nice.
Pages: 1 2