MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Grr. Chris dude, whats going on.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whats going on with these ideas on how to prevent spam, have you thought of any or is there anyway to crack down on it.

alot of spam filters don't work becoz these emails are being sent with Images instead of text.

maybe preventing images from being sent to the contact link email?
How is this related to MyBB? We can't prevent someone from sending images to your email that you openly provide.
This isn't related to MyBB, moving to Chit Chat.

And I say don't worry about it dude, I just cleared about 100 (litterally, that's the ones that go filtered and ones that didn't) spam emails out of my email.

GMail has a good Spam Filter, I say it filters about 90% of spam that come to me.

I just delete them and go about my day.
Yep...then download Thunderbird, connect it to gmail via pop...and turn on the junk mail filters...

If gmail doesn't get it, after a little learning period where you manually flag spam (3-7 days) thunderbird will catch all the stuff that gets through.

I used to use outlook 2003 (cuz we use it at work too) but I dumped it...thunderbird is so much better...especially if you change to a theme to your liking.
I get over 500 Spam messages a day (luckily most go into the bulk folder) and about 300 regular messages a day. I clear it out about once a week with a nice "delete all" feature. /me thanks god for that feature
What a showoff Smile