MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Switching Hosts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My previous host decided to shut down their hosting. I emailed the owner of the host for a backup, and I received it a few days after. Well, since my host is down, I'm in need of a new host, and I'm really interested in x10 Hosting because I already have a forum hosted there, and they seem the be great. My domain name servers had been changed to the x10 Hosting domain name servers.

I have my database and my files, but I have no idea on what to do with them. Here's what my backup folder looks like:
[Image: captur10.png]

I'm just wondering, when I'm in phpMyAdmin, do I import that entire folder, or what? I've never switch hosts before nor had much experience with databases. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
I'm stuck on Step 3. Considering that my original host decided to shut down, I am not able to login to my FTP account.
Well, you've already got a backup of your files and database haven't you? Just skip that step Smile
But that's the main step, haha.
Yeah, you've already got all the stuff Wink You just need to upload it all and set it up.
I have no idea how to upload it all and set it up though.

Edit: Nevermind, I found out that I'm supposed to upload every SQL files individually. But what about the files that are .list, .tally, .conf, .usage, .history, .db, .pointers, .types, etc?
Ah yes. Connect to the new host via FTP and upload the actual files. Then, use the phpmyadmin install from your new host to import the old database backup. I got myself confused - this is step 3 and you need to do it.
I'm not able to connect to the FTP because the host I have been using decided to shut down their servers.
The NEW host... x10 hosting.

If you need help PM me and I can do this for you.

Pages: 1 2