MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Plugin just won't work.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried installing Google SEO plugin for days now on myself but I can't seem to work it out. Everything works fine until I have to edit the functions.php file.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_shutdown() in /home/content/09/8042309/html/inc/init.php on line 227

Now I just re-upload the original functions.php file and it works fine.
I also enabled some other settings on the SEO Plugin page @ ACP. I only need to edit the functions.php file to "Enable Google SEO URLs"
Are you sure you uploaded the file to the right place with the proper name? You either modified it or it doesn't exist (maybe it does, but under a different name), thus the add_shutdown() function being undefined. Upload the file below to the /inc/ directory.
[attachment=23304]
Looks like it works perfectly now. Thanks.

Anyways, how do I know if I correctly installed the plugin and all functions are properly enabled in order to get more popular on Google?
Go to Admin CP > Configuration > Settings. If you scroll down to the bottom, you will see the list of settings for each feature. Make sure that all of them are enabled. Afterwards, you can go to the plugins page and under the Google SEO plugin will be a small rectangle showing which features are enabled. It will also alert you of any issues with the plugin.
inc/plugins/google_seo/translate.php is required for URL translation.

I do not have translate.php. This is what came with the plugin: languages/english/admin/googleseo_plugin.lang and googleseo_settings.lang and at english googleseo.lang
nvm i fixed it by renaming translate.php.german to translate.php.