MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right we have a mybb forum already setup and well used however the member who was hosting the forum has since left the community but continued to host it until we can make arrangements to move the hosting. We now have a new server but how do we move the forum onto the new hosting space?
Cheers your help is much appreciated.
Backup all your files in the forum directory and zip them up at one place. Then export the DB to your computer. Via FTP download all the forum files which you zipped up. Then on the new hosting account create a DB (if possible then keep then keep he name same as that of previous one and also the username)

Then via FTP upload the zip file you downloaded. Unzip it to the location where you want it. Import the DB and you are done Smile

Its a bit lengthy procedure. But thats the easiest I think Smile

Thank you
AgrEE with pRaVeEr..!
(2011-07-08, 09:40 AM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]Backup all your files in the forum directory and zip them up at one place. Then export the DB to your computer. Via FTP download all the forum files which you zipped up. Then on the new hosting account create a DB (if possible then keep then keep he name same as that of previous one and also the username)

Then via FTP upload the zip file you downloaded. Unzip it to the location where you want it. Import the DB and you are done Smile

Its a bit lengthy procedure. But thats the easiest I think Smile

Thank you

can i use this step on window to linux migration ?Undecided

OS shouldn't really affect anything in this process.