MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Googlebot viewing "No Permissions page" constantly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just installed GOOGLE SEO PLUGIN and Googlebot is actively browsing my site. However, it constantly says that googlebot is viewing a no permissions page? I set that guests cannot view profiles, maybe GB is browsing profiles?
So what do you want to do exactly? Google crawls all the pages on your website, unless you tell Google not to (by using the robots.txt file). So if Googlebot hasn't got permission to see a specific page, then MyBB will throw a no permission page, which Google will index.
Edit : not seen faviouz's response Smile

do you have a robots.txt file with disallowed paths ?
No permissions page means that its trying to crawl sections which are hidden from it or it doesnt have permissions to view them.

Bots inherit their permissions from guest group. To make bot view all sections, create a new group called Bots and make it inherit permissions from this group.

Thank you
I'll try and see what I can do. GB is not viewing any threads or something like that, only Viewing NP.
What needs to be done is add a rel="nofollow" to your links in the templates. Best spot is from postbit. Just make these alterations and Google won't follow the link to a dead end. At least they aren't suppose to. I credit nofollow for a great deal of my own SEO and high rankings.
I don't see how nofollow is any useful here. Rolleyes

Googlebot is crawling the No Permissions pages, which is probably the result of a misconfiguration in the permission system. If not the case, then use robots.txt to disallow Googlebot to view whichever pages Googlebot is indexing. That's all there is to it.
Not sure why you don't think this is useful when it's the solution.

Would you care to elaborate then? I just really don't see how nofollow will help Googlebot not index a No Permissions page...
Do you know what the nofollow tag is suppose to do?

What he needs to do is figure out which pages Google can't see. Things like profiles or maybe sending a PM. These are links which will lead to a NO PERM page. So on those links you add a nofollow tag which will then prevent Google from following it.

At least in theory that's what the nofollow tag is suppose to do and on my site it works fine. Some people report that Google Crawler doesn't always follow their own guidelines for this.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters...swer=96569
Pages: 1 2