MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I make this private messages appear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
on my board?

[Image: kcdq13.png]

Board is http://www.oldelmtree.com/mybb
How come is it not showing up already? Which theme are you using? Either way, go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Header Templates > header_welcomeblock_member and put this where you want it:

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage}
Well it's there by default so if you haven't got it you must have removed something... you'll be missing this from the header_welcomeblock_member template:

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage}
Do you have the PM system disabled in your settings?
(2011-07-08, 11:23 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the PM system disabled in your settings?

I checked my settings in the PM, it looks like it's on.
Do what Matt and I suggested you then. If the code we gave you is not already present in the template, you'll need to add it.
Would a 1.4x theme be an issue with this? if so, then a certain developer's lime needs kicking.

That depends on the theme, but generally that shouldn't be a problem if you updated the templates correctly. What is the theme you're using? And have you done what Matt and I suggested you?
The header wasn't touched in the upgrade so that won't have anything to do with it. As faviouz has said twice, you've been told what to check, see if that code is there, and report back.
I checked the code yesterday, and it's there, but it is not showing up.

I am using Greenysh theme from Wb-dev. I contacted him to have him customize it - he did, but sent the wrong files, and I let him know, but since then I have not heard from him.
Pages: 1 2