MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Soft Delete + WYSIWYG in MyBB 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,
I think there should be a "Soft Delete" system in MyBB 2.0.
I know then there is "UnApproved" but it's diffrent...
If you will Soft Delete a theard will be a reason for deleting the thread and who deleted the thread.
Like vBulletin.

And I thing there should be WYSIWYG, will be very nice Smile
(Sorry about my bad english)
(2011-07-09, 10:24 AM)noammn Wrote: [ -> ]Like vBulletin.

Ah, the good old 'like vBulletin' Rolleyes
I think a "soft delete" feature would be a great plugin. You mean also that mods and admins can view the posts also when they are deleted?
NO WYSIWYG editors. It's only a nuisance plus, people are way to familiar with the standard editor. It's simpler and easier.
We've already decided, somewhat reluctantly, that we'll have a WYSIWYG, as we'll need one to be on par with competitors. I don't like them, some of the developers don't like them, but thankfully there will be a setting to turn it off Smile
(2011-07-09, 01:23 PM)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]NO WYSIWYG editors. It's only a nuisance plus, people are way to familiar with the standard editor. It's simpler and easier.

Your post is meaningless, managing all those tag things is pretty annoying in my opinion, you can make mistakes easily
+
There are a lot of open source WYSIWYG editors and they're just amazing

Don't tell me that you'd prefer to manage tags while creating a file on Microsoft Word or OpenOffice Writer
Maybe not a word document but I do like tags when creating a website...

Either was it's already been decided to be included why argue?
(2011-07-09, 03:23 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe not a word document but I do like tags when creating a website...
But the team has to care about members who don't even know what do tags mean... Not us webmasters Smile

(2011-07-09, 03:23 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Either was it's already been decided to be included why argue?

No, we're just giving opinions Smile
(2011-07-09, 03:03 PM)newbb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-09, 01:23 PM)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]NO WYSIWYG editors. It's only a nuisance plus, people are way to familiar with the standard editor. It's simpler and easier.

Your post is meaningless, managing all those tag things is pretty annoying in my opinion, you can make mistakes easily
+
There are a lot of open source WYSIWYG editors and they're just amazing

Don't tell me that you'd prefer to manage tags while creating a file on Microsoft Word or OpenOffice Writer

I prefer adding tags (like the many other people on forums) it's quicker and faster and you can easily edit. but as Matt mentioned a turn off feature will be programmed, I'm cool with it.
The argument of having to type tags is irrelevant anyway, the editor already puts in the tags, the only difference is it just shows the code rather than showing the HTML result. Whilst myself and other users will be quite happy to turn it off, the option will be there for people who want/need to use a WYSIWYG.
Pages: 1 2