MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Very high server load after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
today i have upgraded mybb from 1.6.0 to 1.6.3
i have successduly finished upgrade process.
but i have noticed that my server have a high server load
and reach up to 300% CPU usage
also my ram is overloaded, i have restarted my VPS but it works for few minutes and then overload again using all available ram.
i have restarted my vps many times without any result.
i have a Backup of my previous version (1.6.0).
What you advice me to do?

thanks
I highly doubt MyBB itself is causing this. Do you have some kind of shoutbox plugin or any other kind of resource extensive plugin?
How big is your forum...??
If a forum is very big, it can produce a lot of server load. Some hosts will even bug you to upgrade to a dedicated server or VPS if your you use a lot of their resources.

Hello guys,
thank you for reply.
there was not any problem regarding server load before upgrade.
but after upgrading it this problem happens.
I have checked my processes and found that Mysql is the culprit:
load average: 16.22, 13.63, 9.99
before upgrade my load was below 10 most of the time.
my forum is not that big, about 2k daily visitors.

what do you think? should i restore my previous database backup?
Are you sure you didn't change anything that would cause a high server load? Have you installed a plugin? Anything at all? Because there were no significant changes from 1.6.0 to 1.6.3 that would justify this.
no, i didn't make any changes rather than upgrade
Iam using the same plugins that i have used before upgrading:
Google SEO (1.1.13)
Nofollow link (1.0)
reCAPTCHA Plugin (1.1)

also, i have noticed that server overload occurs only if the forum is open,
when i close the forum via admin control panel, the server overload disappear.
So tired of seeing these threads. I know that Tomm has put some real effort into 1.6.4 which is not yet released but I'm expecting it soon.

Based on what you've told us you should not be having these problems but that's not to say MyBB 1.6.3 is not the culprit.

As you say you didn't change anything else. Just upgraded and bingo. Bad server load.

IMHO you should not downgrade but you should review carefully where the load is coming from and try to figure out the fix.

Use the advanced details as admin and review the load and execution time for the main pages (index, showthread, and forumdisplay).

Hello Labroca,
sorry i didn't notice your reply.
i have restored database from the previous version (1.6.0) and the load seems back to normal (less than 5).
I think there is problem in 1.6.3 that appears only in somewhat big forums.
I hope that the staff look to this problem.

also, i have restored only the database backup and did not restore the previous files, should i restore the files of 1.6.0? or i can keep the files of 1.6.3?

thanks
If you have a 1.6.0 database, you should have the 1.6.0 files as well or it might cause trouble. But then again, 1.6.3 is not causing the high server load. You need to look into it.
Pages: 1 2