MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird forum stats after migration to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I've recently tested out a migration from phpBB 3.0.8 to the latest release of MyBB 1.6.

I just needed to migrate 2 (sub)forums, not the whole thing. But then I realized I needed to migrate the whole thing and then I started to delete the other forums, those not required, till I got just the 2 forums I needed, in a new site, running on MyBB.

The stats of those 2 forums at the phpBB site are, more or less, like this:

Forum ID 38
3,800 threads
5,400 posts

Forum ID 39
273,000 threads
372,000 posts

And once I completed all the merge steps, the stats at my new MyBB forum are:

Forum ID 37 (former forum ID 38)
3,800 threads
9,200 posts

Forum ID 38 (former forum ID 39)
273,000 threads
643,000 posts

So the number of threads remains the same, but the number of posts is like 72% higher. Why? It is weird, isn't it?

Then I had a look at the database in the new, MyBB powered site and the numbers in there seems to be fine. The similar numbers like in the former phpBB site:

377,000 records in mybb_posts (similar to post count in former forums ID 38 + 39)

277,000 records in mybb_threads (similar to thread count in former forums ID 38 + 39)

So the values in the database are similar to those in the previous site. But I wonder where is that higher number coming from.

Of course I already performed all the "Recount & Rebuild" procedures and even tried optimizing and repairing the tables.

And the annoying this is that when I enter that forum ID 39, that one with the not-real 643,000 posts, the performance is really bad. It takes like 7 seconds just to enter that forum. Once there, if I click on a thread, it loads fast. But when I return to the thread list and start to navigate throughout the pages, each page takes like 7 seconds to load.

And both sites, the phpBB and the new MyBB, are still running on the same server. And the phpBB is performing fast, as usual.

And the other (sub)forum in the MyBB powered site is loading quite fast. Almost as fast as the phpBB site.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Try the Recount & Rebuild tools of the ACP->Tools & Maint. Section.
Hi Dylan

Been there, done that. : )

(2011-07-09, 10:33 PM)Apolo Wrote: [ -> ]Of course I already performed all the "Recount & Rebuild" procedures and even tried optimizing and repairing the tables.

Any other steps I should try? : )
Sorry, I was on the road and missed that hehe. No, offhand I don't.
maybe frostschutz will chime in here and post the sql query he ran on my forum to fix this problem. I too had this issue, Dylan.
Would be awesome if he did Smile
Then I'll also know what to fix in the merge system for the future.
Have you tried rebuilding the stats cache in the Cache Manager too?
Thanks for your interest faviouz.

(2011-08-06, 10:21 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried rebuilding the stats cache in the Cache Manager too?

Yes, I did try that too.

Tools & Maintenance -> Cache Manager -> stats
And are you sure that all forums (or the ones you want) are set to count towards the user's post count?
(2011-08-06, 10:42 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]And are you sure that all forums (or the ones you want) are set to count towards the user's post count?

I'm not sure I understand. Please remember this is a migration from phpBB to a clean installation of MyBB. If you're suggesting a feature/option I must set from Admin panel, please let me know.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2