MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default Images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a very small suggestion but something that bugs me in all the previous and current versions of MyBB. All the default images are GIFs and when a dark background is used you can see a white outline.

I think we should move to support PNGs without the white outlines.

I'm interested to hear you thoughts.

Cheers,
Clarkie
No need, the team could save as a .png and rename it to a .gif... problemo solved. There are some forms of .gif's that will allow transparency, I've messed around with things in Photoshop.
(2011-07-10, 03:56 PM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]No need, the team could save as a .png and rename it to a .gif

This is what I do for darker themes.

Although, I would like to see some custom MyBB images. FamFamFam Silk seems a bit overused nowadays.

Or at least use sprites for them.

[attachment=23328]
Regardless of how they do it - I still think they should get rid of the white outlines. I'm also in agreement that we could do with some MyBB exclusive icons rather than using the other ones.
(2011-07-10, 04:02 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Or at least use sprites for them.

Why use a sprite when only a few are loaded on every page?
Pretty sure we've already said multiple times that we'll be using PNGs.
(2011-07-10, 04:25 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure we've already said multiple times that we'll be using PNGs.

Great! I had yet to read the 8 page thread (with 50 posts per page) and thought we were supposed to be putting each suggestion in a new thread. Apologies - you can close this if you think it's best.
We'll be using PNGs (already are in the prototypes) and *should* be using sprites for most icons in 2.0.
(2011-07-11, 01:01 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]We'll be using PNGs (already are in the prototypes) and *should* be using sprites for most icons in 2.0.

Nice Smile