MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Viewing No Permissions Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have noticed on my forum that members and guests seem to be looking some where on the forum that i dont know where.
Like if i click on who is online it shows

Username Time Location

But some times in the Location it says Viewing No Permissions Page

I have gone though all my Permissions and dont see how they are getting there???

in general, some members try to delete recently submitted post and if they do not have the permission
then get the error message. there can be other reasons. may be its better to contact the user thru PM
and ask what caused error OR have a feedback section so that members can freely report their difficulties...
The thing with that its not just members that i see this with but also guests.
well, just now I checked your forum. a guest is trying to post new thread in YouTube Videos.
I tried the same thing and got no permissions error page. now you can analyze such things

AND I'd suggest to add a robots.txt so that search engines often do not see a no permissions page

Ok where would i get the robots.txt from????
just an example here :
User-Agent: *
Disallow: /captcha.php
Disallow: /editpost.php
Disallow: /memberlist.php
Disallow: /editpost.php
Disallow: /modcp.php
Disallow: /moderation.php
Disallow: /newreply.php
Disallow: /newthread.php
Disallow: /online.php
Disallow: /printthread.php
Disallow: /private.php
Disallow: /ratethread.php
Disallow: /report.php
Disallow: /reputation.php
Disallow: /sendthread.php
Disallow: /task.php
Disallow: /usercp.php
Disallow: /usercp2.php
Disallow: /calendar.php
Disallow: /*action=emailuser*
Disallow: /*action=nextnewest*
Disallow: /*action=nextoldest*
Disallow: /*year=*
Disallow: /*action=weekview*
Disallow: /*action=nextnewest*
Disallow: /*action=nextoldest*
Disallow: /*sort=*
Disallow: /*order=*
Disallow: /*mode=*
Disallow: /*datecut=*
Allow: /
Right thanks but this means nothing to me.
(2011-07-10, 08:44 PM)The-Dragon-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Right thanks but this means nothing to me.

Create a file robots.txt and put the data above in it. FTP it into your root directory. All legit bots will read this file for what they can search on your pages. A * means all bots. The bots will then not search the directories listed under Disallow

Google, Yahoo etc. being legit bots will use it. Spam bots of course will just ignore it and if you find them you can ban them.
Fine ... the robots.txt is very useful... do I need to keep it in my website root or forum root folder ?
Of course you have to put it in your website root. Its not gonna do very much if its sitting on your desktop. Confused