MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change loginkey on logout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be great to see that the loginkey changes once you logout. I really don't see the big point in logging out if the keys stay the same.
The point of logging out is so that others on your computer can't access your profile. Although an option to log all users on this account out wouldn't be too bad, which would be what would happen if the loginkey was changed.
Of course, but someone with access to the PC can probably get access to the key. It would be great if the key changes, and like you mentioned, logging all user is good for security purposes.
I think I suggested this to Tom to be done in 1.6, as basically all you need to log in to an account is the loginkey. It's not easy to get it, granted, but if it was cleared when you logged out it wouldn't do any harm.
(2011-07-11, 08:19 PM)Peter Chao Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, but someone with access to the PC can probably get access to the key. It would be great if the key changes, and like you mentioned, logging all user is good for security purposes.

but you could (Linux users) log stuff to the default keyring which would mean perhaps you could not log on as someone else without that key .. but I guess many people use windows and have to put up with the security issues that, the os throws at you so my rant is meaningless Sleepy
Would be easy to do with a plugin; you can also deliberately change your loginkey by changing your password (even if you use the same password again).
I wouldn't want the logout function to change, just another function that would log out all users (by changing the key). There are many times where I log out on one computer but wish to stay logged in on my others.