MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Something that really annoys me about the support section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that as soon as your thread in the support section does not contain the last post, there is almost a guarantee that you won't receive any reply anymore. I've seen it with my first thread (link) and it's now starting to show with my second thread (link).

Now of course I understand that not everyone can be helped at the same time, but I just find it plain weird that you're not being helped if your thread didn't have the most recent post. It only takes a few minutes to just browse through the most recent 5 pages of support threads and look if you're able to help. I really hope this thread will help doing something about this problem.
I'm already working on an addition to the MySupport plugin we use here to make it easier to see what issues are waiting for replies. However, in the second thread, you got a reply after 34 minutes, and in the first thread, you got a reply after 4 minutes, and then didn't bump the thread if you needed more help, so I'm not entirely sure what you're complaining about here. You got quick answers in both threads and if you needed help again with the first you could have just bumped it, but you didn't.
I didn't see the reply on the second thread (as it hadn't been posted there yet when I created this thread), and I did bump on the first thread (though not myself, because it was then edited into my last post, so it didn't help). Good to see though that addition's coming Big Grin.
replied you
be patient little man

http://community.mybb.com/thread-98372.html
(2011-07-11, 12:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I'm already working on an addition to the MySupport plugin we use here to make it easier to see what issues are waiting for replies. However, in the second thread, you got a reply after 34 minutes, and in the first thread, you got a reply after 4 minutes, and then didn't bump the thread if you needed more help, so I'm not entirely sure what you're complaining about here. You got quick answers in both threads and if you needed help again with the first you could have just bumped it, but you didn't.
Cool the thing of plugin Smile