MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Plugins Compatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hope it will be completely rethought the system as the current plugin system was developed in a time where needs were completely different.
(2011-07-11, 06:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 1.x = flat files.
MyBB 2.x = MVC.

Code = completely different. Structure = completely different.

We'll make it as easy as we can to write plugins (you're not going to have to be a PHP wizard to write them) but there will be changes to how it's done.

I guess my question now is how hard will it be to convert the 1.6 plugins to 2.0? Or will it require a complete re-write?
Yes, it will require a complete re-write. It's not just a matter of changing a line or two.
As I said, it's a completely different structure, so it'll be substantially different, i.e. a rewrite. As I also said, we'll still make it as easy as we can. There's not really much more I can say as the plugin system hasn't been done yet, but yes, you will have to rewrite them. I mean the process for upgrading 1.2 plugins to 1.4 was quite bug so 1.x to 2.0 is going to be a lot bigger, as, again, the code structure is totally different.
Pages: 1 2