MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: REPLY!! Remove This Feature?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to remove the attachment feature. I want to TOTALLY remove it from my forum. Destroy it, erase it, nuke it, whatever you want to call it. But I don't know how. Can someone please tell me how to remove the attachment feature?
Nobody wants to reply?
Hold your horses. Someone knowledgeable will reply Wink
admin panel --> users & groups --> groups --> select each group --> edit user group -->
forums and posts --> Attachment Options --> Can post attachments? --> unselect & SAVE

OR see the simple method here !!
(2011-07-12, 03:51 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]admin panel --> users & groups --> groups --> select each group --> edit user group -->
forums and posts --> Attachment Options --> Can post attachments? --> unselect & SAVE

That's not what I want. I want to totally remove the table that contains the attachment thing. Totally remove attachments.php in a safe way that won't affect any other thing. I don't just want to disable it for user groups. I want to annihilate it from my website completely.
Just wanted to ask, why do you want it removed and why are you talking about it that way?
@OP, have you seen this : see the simple method here !!
(2011-07-12, 05:13 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to ask, why do you want it removed and why are you talking about it that way?

I want it totally destroyed and demolished form my files. I don't want any trace of it left on my forum. I don't want users to upload attachments, and I don't see the point of the table being there if they can't use it, so I want the table gone as well, totally deleted and completely revoked from my theme.

Talking about it in what way?
Here is the only think you need to do:
(2011-07-12, 03:51 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]admin panel --> users & groups --> groups --> select each group --> edit user group -->

Do it and you will not have to worry about it anymore.
Yes, but now what part of the templates?
I went to forumdisplay_newthread, but I don't see the "{attachbox}" anywhere? Where should I go in the templates to remove it totally and completely. To just simply annihilate it from existence.
(2010-09-03, 08:28 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]There's no other settings but you can also remove the attachment box in the templates, in newthread, newreply and editpost find and delete:
{$attachbox}

Under Newthread Templates, Newreply Templates and Edit Post Templates
Wink
Pages: 1 2