MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google forum theme mockup (Made with Gimp)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have to agree with Jordan, but it's not bad I have to say.

Though I dislike Google's new theme Toungue
I really like this, clean and simple. But then again as a Google fanboy you'd expect that haha!
Thanks, clarkie.
looks good. Though has zero originality, and doesn't really show any increase in skill. All the layout ideas were done by someone else (and I presume the icons!). Did you make those 'g' google icons yourself? They look rather nice! Cudos to you if you did.

(2011-07-12, 09:21 PM)minidriver Wrote: [ -> ]Did you make those 'g' google icons yourself? They look rather nice! Cudos to you if you did.

Nope, http://www.iconfinder.com/icondetails/60...white_icon
You guys are really tough, when Jordan made a facebook style no image in the theme was his, it was all from facebook I didn't see any mean comments in his topic, you guys love to make fun or be mean to people who are trying to learn, and are actually taking their time to learn and become better, yet you guys are mean, in the other hand we have some very nice members like yaldaram.
(2011-07-12, 10:52 PM)Mr.tnr Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are really tough, when Jordan made a facebook style no image in the theme was his, it was all from facebook I didn't see any mean comments in his topic, you guys love to make fun or be mean to people who are trying to learn, and are actually taking their time to learn and become better, yet you guys are mean, in the other hand we have some very nice members like yaldaram.

Jordan's was a lot better, and to be honest, your mockup is ok.

Just be careful when you want to ask for criticism, because you're going to get it. So when posting a WIP theme, make sure you've got a lot of work done already on it.

Another thing, I haven't seen one theme you've made or posted about.
(2011-07-12, 10:52 PM)Mr.tnr Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are really tough, when Jordan made a facebook style no image in the theme was his, it was all from facebook I didn't see any mean comments in his topic, you guys love to make fun or be mean to people who are trying to learn, and are actually taking their time to learn and become better, yet you guys are mean, in the other hand we have some very nice members like yaldaram.

Jordan has proven himself in other ways...

We have all said it looks good, it just doesn't deserve the merit you so eagerly desire - the layout is by someone else, the icons are by someone else, the colours are by someone else.. so really you have to ask yourself.. what did you do?

Sure, Jordan did the same with the facebook theme. But take a look at his other themes which he has done by himself. It's not a fair comparison!

AND I stood by you in one of your other threads, but really you seem to be trying too hard.. too eager to get good feedback.. that's not the reason and praise should not be the driving force behind designing anything.

Eh, I understand where you're coming from, Mr.tnr, if it didn't look exactly like Google people would complain that it was a bad theme in that regard. So I say keep up the good work, I personally think it looks great. It may be another person's design, but you're the first to create a mock-up and prepare it for release under MyBB. People rely too much on popularity, makes me feel like I'm in high school again. >_>

I'd personally love to see this coded. Smile
This looks nice. Smile
Pages: 1 2