MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can i improve my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://gptinfo.tk this is my newly made forum about 2 days ago and im having trouble getting people to sign up the onll appear then leave does anyone think i need a new theme ?
Well..what incentive do people have to signup? There's a million forums that cover the same niche, and they're a lot more populated and you can actually find a lot more info on them. You're using a free forum script, on free hosting, with a free domain. Not the recipe for success...
(2011-07-07, 06:52 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Well..what incentive do people have to signup? There's a million forums that cover the same niche, and they're a lot more populated and you can actually find a lot more info on them. You're using a free forum script, on free hosting, with a free domain. Not the recipe for success...

im not so sure what the free hosting or free forum script has to do with it ive seen other websites with lame layouts but still get traffic and of course its a free forum script which is why its called "mybb community forum"

but aside from that how can i attact people to sign up i already know that if i have to many categories and a small amount of members(in my case none)and people wont be attracted to that idea
Yeah! You can be on a free host and a free theme. But you need to be unique to be success.

Ask yourself a question. If you are visiting a site of similar niche and is empty like this, will you join up?
That's what people see too. You need to choose an unique niche or do some change in your forum to make your Forum different from other similar forums around.
You need a domain too; lack of one shows lack of interest or dedication in the site, and will reflect on the amount of signups you get. And what kavin said is very very true, people have no reason to join your site over another, more established one right now.
Nothing to see here, you have used one of the most common MyBB theme with absolutely nothing to offer. Bravo.
(2011-07-08, 09:03 AM)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing to see here, you have used one of the most common MyBB theme with absolutely nothing to offer. Bravo.

thanks
(2011-07-08, 02:58 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]You need a domain too; lack of one shows lack of interest or dedication in the site, and will reflect on the amount of signups you get. And what kavin said is very very true, people have no reason to join your site over another, more established one right now.

dont you think if i can afford a domain i would get one ?
(2011-07-08, 05:22 PM)alsoyoutube Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-08, 09:03 AM)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing to see here, you have used one of the most common MyBB theme with absolutely nothing to offer. Bravo.

thanks
(2011-07-08, 02:58 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]You need a domain too; lack of one shows lack of interest or dedication in the site, and will reflect on the amount of signups you get. And what kavin said is very very true, people have no reason to join your site over another, more established one right now.

There are many ways to get domain without spending your money.
You can do some posting works for people and earn some cash to get a domain.
When i visited your forum i was looking foward to it, but i got there, there was nothing really that caught my eyes, 5 Posts and 5 Topics not good, you should never promote a site with out having it least 250 posts on your forum, Get some packages done before you go a head with promoting your forum.

I wish you all the best.
(2011-07-08, 05:39 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-08, 05:22 PM)alsoyoutube Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks

There are many ways to get domain without spending your money.
You can do some posting works for people and earn some cash to get a domain.

im saving up for a domain right now trust me i hate having a .tk domain but its the best i can do for the meantime
(2011-07-08, 05:52 PM)The-Dragon-Man Wrote: [ -> ]When i visited your forum i was looking foward to it, but i got there, there was nothing really that caught my eyes, 5 Posts and 5 Topics not good, you should never promote a site with out having it least 250 posts on your forum, Get some packages done before you go a head with promoting your forum.

I wish you all the best.

ok but who do i get people to join and post and i was told that if it has to many topics and a small amount of members people might think that theres no point in joining but ima add more topics when i get more members
and should i just make a ton of threads?
Pages: 1 2 3