MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SQL Error- 2005
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to all this forum stuff so I have no idea how to fix this problem. I go to load up my forums and this message shows up.

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2005 - Unknown MySQL server host 'sql200.byetcluster.com' (2)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

I have been looking at many threads on how to fix this, including the 'Common Error Messages' on Mybb wiki. It says to:

Quote:Information: This occurs when you are using MySQL and the database host name is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['hostname']. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.

Could anyone please break this down for me? I don't understand where to go to find any of these things. I really need to know. Much appreciated.
1. Open the ./inc/config.php file.

2. Find the value next to $config['database']['hostname'].

3. Contact your web host and ask them what the database host name should be.

4. Replace the entry for $config['database']['hostname'] with the one your host told you.
It should be normally set to "localhost"

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';

I'm not very knowledgeable myself, but it should work.

Edit; The Guru posted Wink
(2011-07-12, 06:10 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]1. Open the ./inc/config.php file.

2. Find the value next to $config['database']['hostname'].

3. Contact your web host and ask them what the database host name should be.

4. Replace the entry for $config['database']['hostname'] with the one your host told you.

This is what I mean, I don't know where to find these files. Where is the ./inc/config.php file?
They're within your MyBB installation, i.e. where you uploaded the MyBB files.
(2011-07-12, 06:32 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]They're within your MyBB installation, i.e. where you uploaded the MyBB files.

As in Filezilla? That's what I used to upload my things.

I'm looking through the files on Filezilla and I don't see the './inc/config.php' file
Then you're not looking hard enough. The file has to be there. Usually, the files are within a folder called public_html or htdocs, from which point you just need to navigate to ./inc/config.php.
Can I search for the file or something? I'm looking through all my files in htdocs and I can't find it.

sorry for nagging you, but is there an easier way me and you can talk, besides these forums?
Take a look at the attached FileZilla screenshot.
(2011-07-12, 07:23 PM)Harest Wrote: [ -> ]Take a look at the attached FileZilla screenshot.

Thank you, I found the file. Smile

Now to try and contact my web host. :/
I'm on the vistapanel and I have my hostname set to the one in the panel.

Still not working.
Pages: 1 2