MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO's Sitemap problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed Google SEO plugin, and when I added sitemap to google webmaster, and waited for one day, still it gives some errors.

Problem with sitemap-index.xml?page=1
Quote:General HTTP error: 404 not found
We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.

While This sitemap link can be accessed.

Problem with sitemap-threads.xml?page=1
Quote:URLs not followed
When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend that your Sitemap contain URLs that point to the final destination (the redirect target) instead of redirecting to another URL.

While there're lot of links

Any way to fix this?
check that sitemap-index.xml has CHMOD of at least 0666 & resubmit it (do not include ?page=1)
Link to your sitemap?
(2011-07-13, 11:53 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Link to your sitemap?

http://pakforums.pk/sitemap-index.xml
Looks fine to me.

Have you added it as pakforums.pk or www.pakforums.pk to Google? In case of www. that'd be your problem then. You have to decide on whether to use www or not, redirect the other, and set the bburl accordingly.
Yeah. That's the problem, I've added as pakforums.pk and webmaster say that your sitemap is http://pakforums.pk and your URLs are www...

Should I have to add www.pakforums.pk as a primary URL in webmaster or there is any other way to add sitemap as www.. (only sitemap)
Update:
What about the redirection problem?
It says that you've URLs which redirect to other pages and the URL which it points mean which is redirected is not present in my forum. It has fetched this URL from the old forum setup which is deleted earlier
I have a problem with Google Sitemap on the same link, in other words Google is generating a lot of duplicate due to "page=" links from the forum.
The problem: if i block via robots.txt all the urls "?page=", it works for threads but the sitemap cannot be crawled.

How can i have the sitemap url without "page=1" at the end or in other words, how can i block all urls with "page=" but let to Google find the sitemap?

Thank you very much

LT