MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Instant Activation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there any security risks if i set my registration settings to instant activation? Cause i had host issue that members did not recieve any activation email, specially yahoo users..
no support?
No, there are no security risks. However, spam bots will be able to register on your forum much more easily.
As faviouz said, there are no security risks, but as well as allowing spam bots to register more easily, you also allow people to register using fake emails.
Just use Recaptcha and security questions plugins. It won't help human spams, but it can reduce it to good extent.
thanks for the response, i have no problem with gmail,aol,hotmail etc..but yahoo mail is the problem i tried to register 3 times for test purposes using 3 different yahoo mails but only 1 got activation mail recieved..and many members using yahoo inform me that they did not received any activation mail..is other way?
(2011-07-13, 02:08 PM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the response, i have no problem with gmail,aol,hotmail etc..but yahoo mail is the problem i tried to register 3 times for test purposes using 3 different yahoo mails but only 1 got activation mail recieved..and many members using yahoo inform me that they did not received any activation mail..is other way?

Check whether the mails are in Junk folder.
Else try SMTP mail.