MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looks great so far!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whoa, i just came to this link and not expecting much, but the features are amazing and the forums seem to load really fast!
I've been using invision power boards for years now and only liked them. and never really considered using any other forum script. phpbb,vbulletin all were lame to me and SimpleMachines or whatever is just cheap looking.

Now i think the theme on mybboard is ugly and boring looking and all the skins look alike, but if i can skin this and make it look super pretty like what i've done with my invision power boards, i might just use it!
its very promising! great job!
Well firstly thanks for the great feedback!

A new default theme has been something on my mind for sometime. Im sure it will be taken care of in future versions.

As far as you customizing your own board you should give it a try Smile
I am trying to skin it and make it look like my invision board, its just hard learning a new skin system.
Thats one reason i never bothered messing with phpbb, Invision allows you to change everything within it including the templates.

Is there a way to edit the templates within it or is that something we have to do outside? because I cant find anything but editing the css.
It's very easy to customize MyBB, although I would have to say I think MyBB's layout looks alot better then IPB's.
You can modify the templates in the admin CP.
Go to Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify / Delete -> *your template* -> edit

Maybe a bit wrong section though?
I find the default skin for IPB to be very lame also Toungue
same with vbulletins. PHPBB is okay but not super cool. I like graphical pretty things lol

edit:
lol i jsut found the part called "Templates" haha im slow