MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.6.3 SQL Injection Vulnerability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-07-13, 04:09 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]The fact you're on free hosting doesn't help either TBQH.

Well forgive me for not wanting to dish out money just for a TESTING forum.
I'm not saying you should, but I see no problem with a simple localhost install. It's easy to set up, free and perfectly good for a dev/testing forum.
I never found out about localhost until it was too late, and i just didn't bother setting it up after i already set things up on the hosting and uploading countless files, etc, etc.
But now it's all gone. It's ALL gone!!!! All my plugins, icons, pictures!!!!!!!! THEY'RE ALL GONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Then someone had access to the file system. That's nothing you can achieve with SQL injection.
Are you serious? Either I'm missing something, or your cookie settings and board URL are wrong, thus why there are no images and CSS. As far as I can see, there's no SQL Injection here, nor a security vulnerability of any kind.

Something needs to be done about these false alarms. There have been at least three threads similar to this one.
(2011-07-13, 04:23 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Are you serious? Either I'm missing something, or your cookie settings and board URL are wrong, thus why there are no images and CSS. As far as I can see, there's no SQL Injection here, nor a security vulnerability of any kind.

Something needs to be done about these false alarms. There have been at least three threads similar to this one.

What do you mean? Details please?
He means that you have messed up your configuration. Had once the same problem.

Either go to "Admin CP -> Configuration -> General Configuration" and recheck your settings or make it manually in operning the following file: ./inc/settings.php
Yes, you'll need to edit settings.php first and then confirm the changes in your Admin CP.
Eh, I won't bother myself. My main forum is almost up and running. It'll be ready to start receiving members by the end of today. W00T!!!!
Pages: 1 2