MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatic add to group after warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I was wondering if there was a way after editing the warning level of a user, suspending his posts by doing so. I was wondering after warning him, if there was a way to add him to a "Muted" group automatically after warning him.

Thanks!
i am not sure exactly what you mean by "muted!" do you mean so they cant speak in a chatbox?

though i think what your asking is there a way to stop them posting. using the forum manager you can set the group banned to be able only to view threads on selected forum's.
That should be feasible with the warning system. Create a group that has the rights and non-rights you wish, make sure it is marked as "banned group", and set a warning level when users are banned into that group.
(2011-07-14, 09:53 AM)johnjj12005 Wrote: [ -> ]i am not sure exactly what you mean by "muted!" do you mean so they cant speak in a chatbox?

though i think what your asking is there a way to stop them posting. using the forum manager you can set the group banned to be able only to view threads on selected forum's.

No, I mean suspend their posting privileges. And thank you for the answer @linguist Smile