MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Duplicate thread detection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well I dont know whether this is suggested before or not.

Here is my suggestion :

Duplicate content is a problem and we do get penalised by search engines for having duplicate content. I feel the need for a system to detect duplicate threads and delete them or move them to a specific forum if found any. I know theres a plugin. But I want that a more powerful detection system should be made and added to the new release by default.

Thank you

Regards
Praveer
+999999
Its a nice suggestion I think that should be considered to be implemented.
As I said the other time this was suggested. The biggest downfall with something like this is performance. I mean if it is done it will have to be in a limited scope.
Thanks for your reply. I want some staff to reply and want to see their opinion Smile

Thank you
(2011-07-14, 03:16 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]As I said the other time this was suggested. The biggest downfall with something like this is performance. I mean if it is done it will have to be in a limited scope.

I agree - there would have to be some kind of limit. Time, forum? We already check for duplicate posts, I wonder if this could be extended a bit further...
We can select forums in which this feature should work. Or it should check in every x hours. Something like that.

Any thing else who wanna suggest to limit it?
(2011-07-15, 08:36 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-14, 03:16 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]As I said the other time this was suggested. The biggest downfall with something like this is performance. I mean if it is done it will have to be in a limited scope.

I agree - there would have to be some kind of limit. Time, forum? We already check for duplicate posts, I wonder if this could be extended a bit further...

That would have to be the best way to do it,

for eg: you select the forums that you want checked, how old to look back and what todo with the post unapproved/delete/move etc.
Thanks ChrisR for the suggestion.

Regards
Any more suggestions regarding this?
Pages: 1 2 3