MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Validation with IP Check?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it's great that MyBB 1.6 can create custom view pages so we can see all the users pending validation.

But if it could be more like vBulletin and display their IPs and even do a WHOIS & IP Match check with other accounts, it would be a lot more useful.
(2011-07-14, 07:04 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]So it's great that MyBB 1.6 can create custom view pages so we can see all the users pending validation.

But if it could be more like vBulletin and display their IPs and even do a WHOIS & IP Match check with other accounts, it would be a lot more useful.

This was supposed to be added back to 1.6? Unsure of what happened though? Thus mybb did have this feature before ( 1.2 ) which yes i still miss as well.

This is already there in mybb 1.6, Go to Settings and USer REgistration and profile options, Increase the "No. of Hours", to disallow registration with same IP,

When Some one will register, he will get error message, one ip, one registration.

There is no solution for dynamic ip address, Even Facebook can't help this Toungue
(2011-07-18, 06:32 AM)grave Wrote: [ -> ]This is already there in mybb 1.6, Go to Settings and USer REgistration and profile options, Increase the "No. of Hours", to disallow registration with same IP,

When Some one will register, he will get error message, one ip, one registration.

There is no solution for dynamic ip address, Even Facebook can't help this Toungue

... No, that's not even close to what I'm asking for.

That solution automatically blocks registrations via the same IP in an automated process.

I want this for a manual process in which the IP & a WHOIS info of that IP is listed with all using pending in the "Awaiting Activation" group.

And when the IP is clicked, it should open a page where it searches the database for all accounts related to that IP.