MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: migration Window to linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My domain Suspended & i can't Perform Back up Process from admin cp, but i have cpanel and phpmy admin login detail, How can back up from Current Server and Migrate to linux (New Host And New Server)

Thanks in advance For help Smile
If your domain is suspened you normally cant access cpanel or phpmyadmin.
But if the case is you can and your looking for a new linux host i would recommend www.lunarcp.com or the link in my sig both are post for host and both have cpanel linux hosting hope this helps Smile
i have cpanel and php my admin Rights how can i migrate All data for Window to linux.
Just backup your mybb database and import it over the new Linux web host.
There's nothing special with changing from Windows to Linux, just transfer the files and database and make sure you set the CHMODs on the files and folders you need to.

[Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
there r lot of option on export menu like "

CSV

CSV for MS Excel

Microsoft Excel 2000

Microsoft Word 2000

LaTeX

Open Document Spreadsheet

Open Document Text

PDF

SQL

XML

YAML

which file is better for Backup process.
SQL should be fine. You can later import that in phpMyAdmin while in your new Linux web host.
where & Which user name and password use for database ?m try to import databse in php my admin but get error on user,

i uplode forum folder to new linux server and try to install import database in php my admin but reply "user error "
also forum display below error :
[Image: B4DlQ.jpg]