MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: subforum css style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Looking for some styling for my subforums on the main index page? Much like the welcomeblock style I use currently. If you want to take a look at the welcomeblock style I use you can login with the below account:

username: Testing
password: Testing

My "Game Discussion" forum has 3 sub-forums in it now that I would like to have the link/text too styled. Please let me know if this is not clear.

Thanks Smile
Can you please explain your idea a bit further? I really don't know what you want. An image would help a ton.
Sure, I would like to take the style from my welcome block and use it for my subforums as well like this:

Also, trying to get rid of the "Sub Forums:" text too if you would happen to know how Smile
Ok, but the welcomeblock links only have that style when hovering over them. Do you want to do the same with the subforum links or do you want them to always have that background around them? I suppose you also want to remove the small on and off icons, right?
(2011-07-14, 07:33 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, but the welcomeblock links only have that style when hovering over them. Do you want to do the same with the subforum links or do you want them to always have that background around them? I suppose you also want to remove the small on and off icons, right?

Hmm, I think having the background around them at all times then change to a green when you mouseover it? The small on/off icons can stay Smile
1. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_depth3.

2. Replace all with:

<div class="subforums_links"><a href="{$forum_url}" title="{$forum_viewers_text_plain}">{$statusicon}{$forum['name']}</a></div>

3. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_subforums.

4. Find and remove:

{$lang->subforums}

5. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Themes > Your Theme > global.css > Advanced Mode.

6. Add this at the bottom:

.subforums_links {
	display: inline;
	margin-right: 5px;
}

.subforums_links a {
	padding: 3px 5px;
	-webkit-border-radius: 3px;
	-moz-border-radius: 3px;
	border-radius: 3px;
}

.subforums_links a:link, .subforums_links a:visited {
	background: #969696;
	color: #fff;
	border: 1px solid #969696;
}

.subforums_links a:hover, .subforums_links a:active {
	background: #87945f;
	border: 1px solid #63AA2B;
	text-shadow: 0 -1px #4B7926;
}
Thanks man, I have that all done now but it seems to have not worked. I'll leave it up in it's broken state for you to see Smile

EDIT: Nevermind, there was an error on my part. It's working mate thanks Smile +rep
You're welcome. Wink