MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error Message in Browse Plugins - Browse Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It means they don't measure your disk space usage or your monthly bandwidth transfer. However, this is a lie. Free unlimited web hosts are very much limited. If you can afford it, I highly recommend MyBBWebHost:

http://www.mybbwebhost.com/
Quote:I think I will start-off with a free host.

As I said. Besides myBBwebhost, which free-host should I get?
There's no ultimate free web host, if that's what you're hoping to find. You get what you pay for.

However, post to hosts are usually better as they require something in exchange and thus investing in a quality service is worth it for them.
Not an ultimate. I'm just looking for an appropriate host, maybe you can recommend me.

Better than Byethost?

"post to hosts" ?
See the post to host section in the "I need a web host!" thread I linked you to in the first page.
Okay.. if "unmetered" is something.. good.. then I will go with x10hosting.

and, is allowing to fetch remote files important?
It's not 'important' as such but it's not an unreasonable thing to have enabled, and it just means things like the version checker and plugin version checker/browser can't work. Generally unlimited plans are bad though as there is no such thing as a server that can store unlimited data and you'll usually find the server is oversold (too many people using it) which makes it slow and unreliable. Ultimately paid hosting will always be better than free hosting.
If its not important, I will stick with Byethost.

I will get a paid host, in the future.
Pages: 1 2