MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatic Plugin Installer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen many places where you may upload one folder to a directory and you will go to the acp and you can activate it...
I want the same feature for plugins (themes are good enough anyway Toungue).
Also, maybe some of the top-rated MyBB 1.6-1.4 plugins could be in the package too, because I know I hate finding a replacement when you might update to MyBB 2.1
From what i heard. MyBB 2.0 will have separate folders for each plugin in the plugin directory.
(2011-07-15, 02:44 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]From what i heard. MyBB 2.0 will have separate folders for each plugin in the plugin directory.

God I hope so, will be so much easier to manage.

One of the few things I dislike about MyBB's current plugin system.
Automatic Plugin installer would be great since some plugs are really hard to install
(2011-07-15, 02:44 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]From what i heard. MyBB 2.0 will have separate folders for each plugin in the plugin directory.
Do you have a source for this?

It's a much needed change.
(2011-08-26, 06:01 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]

I think it's the long general 2.0 thread before we have a forum. They're taking full advantage of the MVC set up yii.
(2011-07-15, 03:51 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]

Then how do you have domain.com/custom.php if all the plugin files are in the plugin folder? It's just unrealistic to expect all plugin files to be in one folder.
(2011-08-27, 11:27 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Then how do you have domain.com/custom.php if all the plugin files are in the plugin folder? It's just unrealistic to expect all plugin files to be in one folder.
MyBB 2.0 is based on a framework where code is split; the filesystem will be drastically different. I would imagine if you absolutely needed to, you could package a custom.php file for the root, but you're going to spend far too much time getting the framework running in a foreign file if you do that.
(2011-08-26, 06:01 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]

Can't find a source at the moment but this is planned, yes.

(2011-08-27, 11:27 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-15, 03:51 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]

Then how do you have domain.com/custom.php if all the plugin files are in the plugin folder? It's just unrealistic to expect all plugin files to be in one folder.

You'd probably just have a route to map a custom URL to your plugin's controller/model. I don't know how Yii works, I've only used Kohana, but in that you do this:

$config['custom'] = "core/plugins/myplugin/custom/index";

Bit on the left rewrites to bit on the right and that would use the controller called custom and the method called index. Something like that anyway.
(2011-09-01, 12:37 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You'd probably just have a route to map a custom URL to your plugin's controller/model. I don't know how Yii works, I've only used Kohana, but in that you do this:

$config['custom'] = "core/plugins/myplugin/custom/index";

Bit on the left rewrites to bit on the right and that would use the controller called custom and the method called index. Something like that anyway.
I'm definitely looking forward to routes in MyBB. They are awesome in Vanilla.