MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Better RSS Feed Syndicator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love adding RSS Feeds to webpages with the syndicator, but I just darn hate that there are multiple things that could be implemented that would make it more specific here are some ideas:
  • have a choice of showing the author'
  • limit to which groups/users can be syndicated
  • choose if you want the date there (I know there is already a date, but it's just a choice)

Also it would be awesome if you would generate an html to display the feeds one at a time.
Bump!
And maybe the ability to disable the RSS feeds from the Admin CP...
(2011-07-17, 09:25 PM)newbb Wrote: [ -> ]And maybe the ability to disable the RSS feeds from the Admin CP...
There isn't a need for that imo.

(2011-07-14, 11:24 PM)Wes the Bes Wrote: [ -> ]I love adding RSS Feeds to webpages with the syndicator, but I just darn hate that there are multiple things that could be implemented that would make it more specific here are some ideas:
  • have a choice of showing the author'
  • limit to which groups/users can be syndicated
  • choose if you want the date there (I know there is already a date, but it's just a choice)

Also it would be awesome if you would generate an html to display the feeds one at a time.
That's the standard way RSS feeds work. There's no need to provide an option to change all that. And limiting groups...come on, you can't do that in an RSS reader.

And what do you mean by HTML?
Well with the HTML, it reads the feed, so you can post it on a webpage.
(2011-07-17, 10:21 PM)Wes the Bes Wrote: [ -> ]Well with the HTML, it reads the feed, so you can post it on a webpage.

Isn't there some sort of JavaScript out there that does that? Thought I saw one...
Yes, but if you're lazy, like me... It's hard to look for an hour on the same thing.
Keep them simple as they are please! If you wanna mess with them you could do it yourself but most people would want them left simple IMO.
There does need to be an admin option to use RSS Feeds or not. An On/Off switch. Personally, I'm not that much of a fan using RSS Feeds on my own forum, it opens it up to leeching content from other sites and the current feeds now show full content which is even worse.

So the option is very much needed to let people choose it they want to offer RSS Feeds in MyBB 2.0 or not, rather than forcing them to offer them - as is the case right now in MyBB 1.6.x.