MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Swapped servers, now an error!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guys, I switched to a new server, and we moved the entire website over. The old hosting account did not have cPanel, so we moved it using the FTP account and myphpadmin.

Now, when I go to Admin CP, click modifiy/delete templates, and expand default templates, I get this error directly above "Template Management (Default Templates)" in a blue block:

mySQL error: 1104
The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay
Query: SELECT t1.* FROM mybb_templates t1 LEFT JOIN mybb_templates t2 ON (t1.title=t2.title AND t2.sid='-2') WHERE t1.sid='1' AND ISNULL(t2.template) ORDER BY t1.title ASC

Any ideas? Do you need a screen shot?

One smaller, but still irriatating problem. One of my members reported that his Birthday is off by one day. Most everyone seems fine. However, no matter what he sets his birthday to, it still shows the original one day off. Any tips here?

Point your host to: http://www.mysqlfreaks.com/errors/141.php

They'll have to fix their MySQL options.
Host said that they cannot because they host many sites and have to be secure. Is there a way to alter the query so that it works?
I'd go with another host...

altering the query means you'd have to alter the query every single time a new release is made and you'd have to be knowledgeable on any class changes and sql changes with each version that is released.

Easier to tell them to take a hike than to do that. If you're looking for a good host, I have recommendations.
How hard would it be to rewrite the query for the time being, until we can move to another server? I'd hate to have so much downtime so close together.
I'd have to refer you to someone that is a bit more familiar with whether or not that query is dependent upon others, or has others dependent upon it.

That's what I'd be worried about when rewriting queries..dependencies. So, hopefully someone with more mybb experience would be able to answer that question.