MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why is reputation so tedious?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I do prefer the like system to the reputation system.
Reputation as it is now in MyBB, should be replaced for a simpler system which is already adopted widespread:

like/unlike, thumbs up/thumbs down, +1/-1, rep+/rep- => different name, but they are all the same, and this is what I would like to see in MyBB 2.0. No pop-ups or "second windows" at all. Just a click to give reputation, and another click to undo the reputation given.

Not many people knows what to write in "reason to give reputation" and not many people want to do that:
how many of you have mostly meaningful messages in your reputation profile? it's always the same because no one knows what to write: "for being a good admin", "for being a good support member", "for a good contribution"...

Reputation should be given for what people posts/shares, so the "button" would be preferably located in postbit only. Of course, a handful of options should be given:

- enable reputation system (yes/no)
- show reputation in user profiles (yes/no)
- allow users to unlike/thumb-down/-1 (yes/no): this means not only "like" and take the "like" back, but to specify that you actually "don't like" it.
- allow users to see who has given reputation on every message (yes/no): if no, it shows the "score" of every message, but you don't know who has given those reputation votes.
- force to give a reason for giving reputation (yes/no): for those who like the way it works now, so a popup/floating frame should appear to validate the reason when clicking the reputation button.

Greets Smile
I like how vBulletin does it.
This is basically what Tomm M's post rep plugin does and I'd be shocked to not see this in core 2.0.
Pages: 1 2