MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation of MyBB 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i'm suggesting an installation tip :
When you are installing the mybb software, you put dabases, name bla bla bla, when you finish the installation (you see the front page of forum), ok and when you try to access the Admin CP, to get a message (picture message):
"For security reasons delete the install folder and rename de admin dir." , when you've done this, refresh the page where did message was, and voila you're logged in the Admin CP with the new name of the dir.

Upon completing the MyBB Installer wizard, use your FTP software to navigate to your /MyBB folder. There, delete the /install folder and rename the /admin folder (for example, /admin123 or, even better, /xyz789). This is for security reasons. If later you forget the name you gave the /admin folder, you can confirm its name via your FTP browser.

This inspiration is from the PrestaShop software, you can watch on the video at what i'm talking about.
Watch from minute 2:59 when he tries to access the Back Office (Admin CP).

~Regards.
Quote:Another area we’re keen to improve on is MyBB’s installer. The new version introduces a one-click install – you just simply enter all your details and the process practically completes itself. See the screenshot of the introduction page!

http://blog.mybb.com/2011/06/07/developing-the-future/
http://blog.mybb.com/wp-content/uploads/....0-dev.jpg
I saw that, thanks for reminding.

It will be cool, when you finish the installation to require renaming of the directory of admincp (for security reasons).
(2011-07-15, 06:18 PM)raoul Wrote: [ -> ]I saw that, thanks for reminding.

It will be cool, when you finish the installation to require renaming of the directory of admincp (for security reasons).
I'd actually prefer to have this as an option on the first page of the installer where you enter all the details.
I wouldn't want to be forced to do that. If I'm working on my localhost and need to create a fresh install, it would be very tedious.
I'd just say to have a box on the first page that you enter the name of the acp, I wouldn't like for this to be mandatory.
(2011-07-15, 06:46 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't want to be forced to do that. If I'm working on my localhost and need to create a fresh install, it would be very tedious.

(2011-07-15, 11:16 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd just say to have a box on the first page that you enter the name of the acp, I wouldn't like for this to be mandatory.

Glad you agree Toungue

Maybe a random directory name generator as well? That would be cool Cool
then let the box be prepopulated with the default entry so there is no "extra work" for you
i don't want this to be obligatory too