MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Protect From Copy Paste
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys any chance to protect my forum content from illegal copy
No, not completely.

You might as well just forget about it. There will always be a way around to whatever method you implement. View source code, disable JavaScript, programs that read the text in images... the list goes on.
ok thanks
There was a plugin for disabling right click somewhere, can't find now.
You don't really need a plugin, it's just a bit of JavaScript. But it's totally useless for the reasons I stated above. One can simply disable JavaScript or view the source code. Regardless, if you really want to do this and understand that users will find a way around it, see this post I made a few weeks ago:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-97275-p...#pid710773
yes but it is possible when someone copy content from your website and add it to another when do this can be shown message on the bottom this content is copy from www.example.com
maybe plugin or something like that
I've never heard of something like that, nor have I seen it on a website. It might be possible, but will be quite tricky.
Dude, if you want to place a copyright on your content then simply open your footer template and add <br /><p>All content is copyright (forum name) {$copy_year}</p> at the end, maybe under the MyBB copyright.

No need for a plugin.
ok man thanks for info
Edited my post with the code that changes the year automatically.

So if someone copies your content, you can send them a DMCA notice, and if they don't take it down, then send one to their host as well.
Pages: 1 2