MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for a way to do a one touch ban and gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We still have an occasional spammer here, like this morning, a spammer got in because of the failure of the banlist transfer from SMF 1.1.x to myBB, so some of the spammers were not fully banned, so I'm looking for a plugin that will make it easy to ban and forget.

Thanks for all the help and advice - the board is already better as a result of the fixes and ideas....

Clarification: We would like to see a full IP ban (or at least a wildcard ban e.g. *.aol.com or 10.110.101.* as an example)
I'm not sure what you mean by "ban and forget". Would you please care to elaborate?
(2011-07-15, 07:38 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what you mean by "ban and forget". Would you please care to elaborate?

basically, what I'm looking for is a way for me to select this person to be banned from my forum, his posts removed, and placed into "ban forever" bitbucket.

Matt made a really good plugin that allows you to easily delete all traces of a spammer:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/goodbye-spammer

However, it does not allow you to place them into a "ban forever" bitbucket. What exactly would be the purpose of that anyway?