MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Enhanced Default Theme and ACP Theme Edit and Tutorials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll explain one at a time....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OK, so I think this default theme is blah ugly... lets add some colors other than blue....
Also they could add some CSS3 stuff like border-radius, text-shadow, or background cover... (or just use images to make it look like it is CSS 3...)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This isn't really needed but it would be nice if the ACP could have some coolness to it, and we could add themes to the site...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We should have tutorials on how to do stuff like make plugins, HTML, CSS, and Javascript tutorials to help.... Oh and also how to make a mycode I got confused when I first saw it...
Admin panel doesn't need to be pretty imo, just easily usable.
(2011-07-15, 09:51 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Admin panel doesn't need to be pretty imo, just easily usable.

Agreed. I also kind of feel the same for the front end as well. You shouldn't be sticking with default theme anyway.
1) Border-radius, from what i seen in the MyBB 2.0 preview, it looks like it have that.
2) Text shadow - I don't think that's a good idea. I feel text shadows fits well in dark themes, and they would make a bright theme unprofessional.
3) I don't know what exactly is "background cover". But if you are asking for a full sized background image, a big no from me. That would increase page loading time, and a tileable one is much better.

And like Solidus and Alex, i too prefer a simple admin panel.

Quote:We should have tutorials on how to do stuff like make plugins, HTML, CSS, and Javascript tutorials to help.... Oh and also how to make a mycode I got confused when I first saw it...
You can learn to make plugins, themes, mycodes from MyBB wiki. And for HTML, CSS and Javascript tutorials,, why would MyBB team provide that? There are many web resources, where you can learn them easily. Ex: w3schools.