MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Reply Notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like it if there was a button "Notify Me of New Posts". I know there is a subscribe button, but I don't think I should check my User CP for a thread reply. Like a PM, it should alert you when there is a response to a thread you clicked a button on.
You can have it email you. UCP>Default Thread Subscription Mode>Email Notification
(2011-07-16, 05:13 PM)Darth Stabro Wrote: [ -> ]You can have it email you. UCP>Default Thread Subscription Mode>Email Notification

Because everyone likes having their inbox filled up Toungue

I'd like a better notification system too, stuff like what XenForo and IPB has is making me itch for such an awesome feature Smile Shouldn't be heavy on server load either, if it's a menu and it only checks for new replies when you click the menu or refresh the page.
Same, plus my forum is for a kid's fansite so they won't be checking their emails a lot.
I like the PM thing I said earlier, but I don't know what IPB and XenForo do...
I could see a lot of interesting plugins for MyBB 2.0 come up if they implemented such an alert/notification feature.
* Jack Clarke cheers YES, YES, YES!
Hi,

Your suggestion has been marked as a duplicate suggestion. This may be because your suggestion has already been implemented or is already a planned feature.